Changing a doorknob is a relatively easy task that can be completed in about an hour, depending on the knob you choose. This blog post will walk you through the process of changing a Door Knob Code, from removing the old one to installing the new one.
We’ll also provide some tips on choosing the right doorknob for your needs. So whether you’re replacing a worn-out knob or upgrading your home’s security, read on for all you need to know about changing a doorknob!
Steps to Follow:
- First, you’ll need to remove the old doorknob.
- To do this, start by unscrewing the screws that hold the knob in place.
- If your door has a plate covering the screws, use a screwdriver to remove it.
- Once the screws are removed, gently pull off the knob. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it loose.
- With the old knob out of the way, it’s time to install the new one.
- Start by attaching the new knob’s baseplate to the door using the provided screws.
- Then, insert the new knob into the baseplate and tighten it in place.
- Make sure that you don’t overtighten the screw, or you may strip it.
Once the new knob is in place, test it out to make sure it turns smoothly. If everything looks good, you’re all done! Congratulations on successfully changing your doorknob.