Just like every single drop that makes the ocean, every individual element affects the way your room or home looks. Here are a few ways to enhance as well as preserve your home accents using simple accessories.
- Remember quality is important
Decorating the house with a large number of things is never helpful. This can, in turn, make the room/ house look messy and cheap. Therefore, avoid useless accessories.
- keep the proportions in mind
This might be a common or known thing for designers, architects or anyone who has done the study. However, for those who are not from the field must know that there are proportions specified for the things you keep in the room or place on the wall. Try to keep the furniture in the desired space and add suitable wall paints and curtains. Moreover, the color and material of your accessories should go with the color and theme of the room.
- Combination and texture blend?
This is one of the crucial as well as the tough part. This is the first thing that anyone would figure.
Keep in mind –
- The color of the room (the room and ceiling should be in sync)
- Furniture should be of uniform color and the texture of linen enhances the texture of the furniture.
- Blinds and curtains should be in appropriate position and proportion.
- The accessory should be too big that it makes the wall look awkward. However, it should be so small that it becomes negligible with other accessories or on the wall.
- What about the arrangement?
You can arrange in every possible way you like but remember, everything is beautiful up to a certain limit. Nowadays, asymmetrical or odd arrangements of things are in trend.
- Styling tips!
Sometimes we succeed in decorating bigger portions of the house but smaller and often visited areas are tough to decorate. Here are a few styling tips to reduce your burden –
- Group or layer things together
- The lighting of the floor, tables and pendant lamps
- Baskets and bins
- Books and magazines
- Rugs and doormats
- Pillows, cushions, throws and other linens
- Curtains and blinds
- Wall hangings and other shelves
Every corner and wall of your house is important starting from the dustbin that keeps your trash to the wall you rely on and they should be cherished.